Funky Matthew Funky Matthew

I love it!

Nothing better than when a song has such awesome and unique melodies and sounds! Gotta say, there's nothing about this tune I didn't like. All of the different sounds fit a consistent theme and are played at different times so each one gets an amount of focus and so that they don't interfere with each other.
It sounds awesome, and there's little else quite like it!

I'm eager to see how you expand upon this!

Hybrid Hybrid

The intro got my attention, but near the end of the segment from about 1:00 to about 2:00 I felt the song was becoming just a bit dry and repetitious. Fortunately, the song then had a lot of variation in the melody, and then later in the tempo and sound (I think that you changed the cutoff gate of a low pass filter?) to keep things interesting. By the end of the song, it had my attention again! I think that it came to kind of an abrupt stop, however. You might have been intentionally going for this, but to me, it felt like the song was building up to something that didn't really payoff. Some might disagree with me on this though, as it does punctuate the song and give it definite end. But I was hoping that there would one more really interesting segment to hear instead of just having the song stop.

Overall though, I really enjoyed this. This actually reminded me a bit of the Vectorman soundtrack, which is a VERY VERY good thing! I hope to hear more!

How to 8-Bit How to 8-Bit

The percussion has way too strong of a presence throughout the song. It really distracts from the lead instruments. The percussion is also very repetitive. This wouldn't necessarily be a problem if it were more in the background (especially considering that this is 8-bit). Otherwise, I do like the melodies you've come up with. I just wish I could hear them a bit better. If the volumes of the percussion and lead instruments were swapped, it would make for a far better tune.